OSBC Online is the online database for the Kansas Office of the State Bank Commissioner (“OSBC”). There are several functions available for both the general public and our licensed entities. Please select a help topic below to get started:
What Do You Need Help With?
Lookup a State-Chartered Bank, Trust Company, Notification Filer, and TEFFI – Search for one of these company types to check charter/license details and status.
Lookup Revenue Bonds – Search for and review approved revenue bonds
Download Spreadsheets of Data – Generate a pre-configured export of business information and download as an Excel spreadsheet file. This includes lists of State-chartered banks, revenue bonds, and trust companies.
Lookup a Licensed Mortgage Company, Consumer Credit Company, Money Transmitter, or Other Financial Company – Search for one of these company types to check charter/license details and status.
Renew a License – Certain licenses to conduct business in the State of Kansas may be renewed and paid securely online.
For other questions or additional assistance, you may email email@example.com.
Company Lookup – Banks, Trust Companies, Notification Filers, and TEFFI Companies
Company Lookup allows you to search for certain regulated entities that the Office of the State Bank Commissioner regulates. These include:
- State-Chartered Banks
- Trust Companies
- Technology-Enabled Fiduciary Financial Institutions
To start, scroll down to Online Services and click Lookup a License/Charter
Using the Search
As a general rule, use as few criteria as possible when performing a search. You can search by business name, location information, status of the license/charter, or type of business performed.
To select multiple business types, hold the CTRL button on your keyboard when selecting with your mouse:
If you know the license/charter/CUSIP number, you can enter that directly into the second field of the License/Cert Number:
Once you’ve initiated a search, click the Detail to the left of any license to see additional information about the business. This information varies by the type of institution, but can include things like bank trust powers, NMLS number, supervising company, licensed loan originators, and other relevant information.
Tips for License Lookup
- Addresses listed on OSBC Online are the physical address – some locations may have a separate mailing address.
- When searching by name, include the beginning of the name of the institution for best results.
- Use the Clear Form button to reset your search criteria.
- We classify a business license/charter as Active (Licensed), Inactive (Closed, License Lapsed, Etc.), or Pending (new applicants). For more information on any of these statuses, click the Detail link on the business.
Lookup Revenue Bonds
Access the “Generate Spreadsheet” link under Online Services to view the pre-configured rosters available to download from OSBC Online. A number of these are available to generate to see approved companies of various license types.
To begin, select a check-mark in the roster you would like to generate. You may select as many of these as desired. Click Continue
Once your rosters are ready, the page will load the Roster Download page. From here, you can select the format desired. We offer data in Excel, Comma Seperated Values (CSV), or Text (tab-delimited). For best results, we recommend the Excel format.
Click the Download button to download the roster on your computer. Depending on your Internet Browser, you may be prompted to Open or Save the file.
If information you desire is not present, please generate an open records request.
Lookup a Licensed Mortgage Company, Consumer Credit Company, Money Transmitter, or Other Financial Company
Using NMLS (the Nationwide Multi-State Licensing System) Consumer Access, a wide variety of non-bank financial companies can be searched to verify license status.
Consider the following when performing your searches:
- For best results, enter the full NMLS ID or State License Number to search for a Company or Individual.
- If you do not know the NMLS ID or State License Number, you also may search by Name, City, State, and/or Zip Code. Use multiple search terms (e.g., Company Name and Zip Code) to increase the likelihood the Company or Individual you are searching for will appear on the first page of search results.
- Note: Search results include Companies and Individuals that match on ALL entered search terms. Providing additional search terms will reduce the number of results. For example, use “John Smith New York” or “John Smith 10006” instead of “John Smith”.
- Searches may contain up to 100 characters and no more than 10 search terms. Separate multiple search terms with a space (e.g. Rockville Maryland). Do not use commas or other punctuation to separate search terms.
- When using words for search terms, the search will only return results including exact matches to City, State, or full words in the Name. For example, searching for “Nation” will not find Companies with “National” in their name; you must specify “National” as one of your search terms.
- You can filter your search results by Company or Individual and/or regulator by using the filtering criteria options available when viewing the search results.
Some licenses are now able to be renewed on OSBC Online. If your license is eligible, you will be instructed to file your renewal online prior to the expiration date.