Company, Individual, or Branch Applications

The Nationwide Multi-state Licensing System is used for applications/renewals for the following licensee types:

  • Mortgage Lenders and Brokers
  • Loan Originators
  • Supervised Lenders
  • Payday Lenders
  • Debt Buyers
  • Credit Service Organizations
  • Money Transmitters

The NMLS website below provides step-by-step instructions on how to access the system, guides on how to complete the MU forms, tutorials and much more. If you have questions, contact the NMLS Call Center at 1-855-NMLS-123 (1-855-665-7123).

Renewal quick guide is available for license renewals through NMLS.

Money Transmitter Forms:

Non-USA Resident Application information

Surety Bond Form 

Change of Control

Out-of-State Agent Approval

1.) K.S.A. 9-509(e)(2) requires licensees to deposit and at all times keep on deposit with a bank in this state approved by the commissioner, cash or securities satisfactory to the commissioner in an amount not less than $200,000. The commissioner may increase the amount of cash or securities required up to a maximum of $1,000,000 upon the basis of: (A) The volume of money transmission business transacted in this state by such person; or (B) the impaired financial condition of a licensee, as evidenced by a reduction in net worth or financial losses. In lieu of the deposit of cash or securities required, a licensee may give a surety bond in an amount equal to that required for the deposit of cash or securities, in a form satisfactory to the commissioner and issued by a company authorized to do business in this state. The cash and securities required or in lieu, the surety bond requirements effective July 1, 2015 are as follows:

The greater of:

  • $200,000 OR
  • The licensee’s total transaction volume in Kansas (as of the most recent year-end) times 0.25%

Notification Filer

Who must file notification?
  • Those who extend credit to which a finance charge is added to the actual cost of goods or services;
  • Those who add a service or carrying charge to an account as a cost of deferring payment
  • Those who prepare retail installment contracts and assign these contracts to a third party
  • Those who extend credit according to a written agreement which permits payments in more than four installments, even though no finance charge is added
  • Those who purchase retail installment contracts, loans or leases from creditors or who purchase the rights to service such transactions.
Who is exempt?
  • Sellers who accept lender credit cards (e.g. bank credit cards) EXCLUSIVELY need not file.
  • Creditors who sell or lend EXCLUSIVELY for business or agricultural purposes need not file. (Business purposes means a business selling to other businesses only – no consumer business


New notification filers should use the OSBC Online site below to apply.  

Notification Amendments

Per K.A.R. 75-6-32, if the business name, status, or list of locations contained in the notification becomes inaccurate after filing, the person shall notify the administrator in writing within 30 days of the date of the change.

To amend an existing notification filing, please send correspondence to:

700 SW Jackson St.
Ste. 300
Topeka, KS 66603

or via email to

Fee Summaries

Contact Licensing Department

Credit Services Organizations

Karla Meyer

Money Transmitter Companies

Bailey Burghart

Mortgage Companies

Pam Diel

Mortgage Loan Originators

Emily Simmonds

Notification Registrants

Emily Simmonds

Supervised Loan Companies

Karla Meyer

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window