Money Transmitter Applications/Forms

Attention Current Kansas Money Transmitter License Holders and New Applicants

As of September 2016, Kansas licensees and future applicants may now utilize the Nationwide Multi-State Licensing System (NMLS) for all criminal background checks (CBCs). Please request a CBC through the NMLS and authorize Kansas to view such results. If you are a foreign national applying for a money transmitter license in the state of Kansas, please provide both a CBC and an investigative background report to our office. Third party background checks must be in English.

You may find guidance on Non USA Resident Applicant's below or at the link provided: Non-USA Background CheckPDF Icon

If you are NEW Company applying for a money transmitter license, you MUST submit your application via NMLS.

Money Transmitter Fee Schedule

Fees Effective July 1, 2017:

Pursuant to K.S.A. 9-509(d)(2),the Bank Commissioner has established the following money transmitter renewal fees. These fees will be based on the licensee's total transaction volume in Kansas reported as of December 31 in the previous year, using the table provided below:

Renewal Fee Chart

All licensing fees will be invoiced through the Nationwide Multi-State Licensing System (NMLS) during the renewal period beginning November 1.

All other fees, including New License Applications, shown below.

All other fee chart

Surety Bond Calculation

1.) K.S.A. 9-509(e)(2) requires licensees to deposit and at all times keep on deposit with a bank in this state approved by the commissioner, cash or securities satisfactory to the commissioner in an amount not less than $200,000. The commissioner may increase the amount of cash or securities required up to a maximum of $1,000,000 upon the basis of: (A) The volume of money transmission business transacted in this state by such person; or (B) the impaired financial condition of a licensee, as evidenced by a reduction in net worth or financial losses. In lieu of the deposit of cash or securities required, a licensee may give a surety bond in an amount equal to that required for the deposit of cash or securities, in a form satisfactory to the commissioner and issued by a company authorized to do business in this state. The cash and securities required or in lieu, the surety bond requirements effective July 1, 2015 are as follows:

The greater of:

  • $200,000 OR
  • The licensee's total transaction volume in Kansas (as of the most recent year-end) times 0.25%

Select the form below:

Surety Bond Form PDF Icon

Non-USA Background Check PDF Icon

Change of Control PDF Icon

Out-of-State Agent Approval Form PDF Icon