File a Complaint/Consumer Assistance

Before Filing a Complaint
Contact someone with authority at the company. Try speaking with the owner, president, or consumer complaint specialist to resolve the problem. When talking to the person, you should:
  • Be courteous and stay calm.
  • Be prepared to explain the problem - present as many facts as possible, provide dates and amounts paid or billed, and have
    all supporting documentation.
  • State whether you are willing to negotiate; remember, in many disputes, neither side is totally correct.
If You Cannot Reach a Resolution
  • Determine who regulates the entity in question
  • If we are the regulating agency, Complete the Consumer Assistance Form below and submit with any supporting documen-
When Our Office Receives a Completed Consumer Assistance Form

We will review the form and supporting documentation and open a case. If the company is within our regulatory authority, you will receive a letter informing you of the case number, and we will begin our investigation. The consumer assistance form and documentation you submit may be provided to the company for review. We are unable to determine up front how long it will take to investigate, but when our review is complete, we will advise you of the findings.

The Kansas Office of the State Bank Commissioner cannot act as your attorney or provide you with any legal advice. If you choose to pursue a lawsuit against a company, you will need to hire your own attorney. Your own attorney can investigate and may be able to take action on your behalf even if we determine this office is unable to assist you. Please remember the law may limit the time for legal action, and the cost of any private attorney would be your responsibility.

Submit by Mail or Fax
  • 1) Complete our consumer assistance PDF form. American Flag English Mexican Flag Espanol

  • 2) Attach copies of documents related to your concerns, such as contracts, monthly statements, receipts and correspondence with the company. DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS AS THEY WILL NOT BE RETURNED.

  • 3) Mail or fax the completed consumer assistance form and attachments to:
Office of the State Bank Commissioner
Attn: Consumer Affairs
700 SW Jackson, Suite 300
Topeka, Ks. 66603

Fax - 785-296-6037

E-Mail -

Submit Electronically Using Form Below