The Office of the State Bank Commissioner regulates all state-chartered banks, trust companies, mortgage businesses, supervised lenders, credit service organizations, and money transmitters that do business in the State of Kansas.
Serving Kansas Since 1891
Ensure the integrity of regulated providers of financial services through responsible and proactive oversight, while protecting and educating consumers.
* ENSURE the fair and reliable supervision of state chartered banks, trust companies/departments, savings and loans, and suppliers of mortgage and consumer credit;
* EDUCATE regulated entities to promote a better understanding of and compliance with governing laws and regulations;
* PROTECT Kansas consumers from unfair or unscrupulous credit practices;
* PRESERVE the dual banking system through chartering of new state banks, maintenance of existing state charters, and equitable regulation of state banks; and
* PROMOTE and MAINTAIN the public's trust in a state financial system.
The Office of the State Bank Commissioner embraces equitable treatment of regulated institutions, and strives to maintain the highest ethical and professional standards. We believe the public's reliance upon our regulatory function is of vital importance to our state's economy. We strive to incorporate regulatory responsibilities, education, preservation of the dual banking system, and promote fair and equitable treatment of Kansas consumers and creditors. We undertake our responsibilities and goals with a deep sense of commitment to the State of Kansas, its citizens, and the institutions we regulate.