Open Positions:Financial Examiner - Consumer Credit
The Consumer and Mortgage Lending (CML) Division, Office of the State Bank Commissioner (OSBC) has an opening for a Consumer Credit Financial Examiner. This is an entry level position within the Financial Examiner career requiring accounting, auditing and finance skills. Employees in this position work as part of a team to conduct examinations of companies providing consumer credit that are licensed and regulated by the CML Division. The CML Division licenses and regulates non-depository institutions including consumer credit providers and mortgage companies that conduct business in Kansas. This position is located in Topeka.
An employee in this position performs the following duties:
- Requests, collects and organizes licensee information and documentation in preparation for an examination.
- Participates as a member of the examination team in on-site and off-site examinations. Uses agency and licensee-provided data to analyze the licensee's operations and compliance with state and federal law and regulation.
- Assists in the preparation of the Report of Examination (ROE) utilizing information obtained during the examination. Employees in this position may write a portion of the ROE or verify information to be included in the report.
- Trains as an Examiner-in-Charge (EIC) in preparation for leading an examination team.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Completes in-house training and attends agency-provided training.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Special Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to organize information and write clearly and accurately.
- Ability to use independent thought and judgment to develop appropriate and effective solutions to assignments of a varied nature.
- Ability to work as a team and independently as necessary to conduct examinations or complete work assignments.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles, practices, and standards.
Applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business or a closely related field. Experience working in the financial industry or financial regulatory environment preferred. This position requires the employee to interpret state and federal laws, regulations and policies regarding providers of consumer credit.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and references to:
700 SW Jackson, Suite 300
Topeka, KS 66603
or Email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue's website at: http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html.
This position requires in-state and out-of-state travel.
This position will remain posted until filled. If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please apply promptly for consideration.
A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their Certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.